Cross Care Speech Pathology Smithfield
ndis speech pathologist near me
Looking for a Speech Pathologist near you?
Our Speech Pathologists Hold further qualifications that include Hanen & literacy Certifications which means they are well equipped to tackle all your speech, language and literacy needs!
- We provide Home Visits - We can come to you
- We provide Home Programs also
We have a dedicated team of mobile therapists ready to come to you wherever you are! How good is that?!
- Child Speech Pathology available
- Adult Speech Pathology available
Speech Pathologists study, diagnose and treat communication disorders, including:
Difficulties with speaking,
Stuttering and using voice
Difficulty communicating because of developmental delays,
Dementia and hearing loss,
Problems that can affect speech and language
Difficulties swallowing food and drink safely
Did you know Cross Care provides Formalised Assessments for Speech Pathology which include:
CELF-5 (Clinical Evaluation of Language Fundamentals) Language assessment
* For ages 5-21;11
- A combination of 5 key sections assessing a different component of language, yet all
contributing to the overall picture of a person’s language ability
- 5 key sections include core language, receptive language, expressive language,
language content and language memory
PLS-5 (The Preschool Language Scales Fifth Edition) Language assessment + articulation (speech) screener
* For ages birth - 7;11
A comprehensive, interactive and play-based developmental language assessment that
investigates both a child’s understanding of language and expressive communication, in
addition to the child’s speech sounds
- 3 sections include: auditory comprehension, expressive communication and total
DEAP (Diagnostic Evaluation of Articulation and Phonology) Speech Assessment
* for ages 3- 6;11
Detects and differentiates between articulation problems, delayed phonology and
consistent versus inconsistent phonological disorders
- Provides the clinician with the sounds that a child can and cannot produce, or is not
producing, and gives an overview of their oral-motor skills
Here at Cross Care, we care about your Speech.
Give us a call to find out more about how we can help
The CELF–5 Metalinguistics
* For students 9-21 years
The CELF–5 Metalinguistics is designed to identify students 9-21 years old who have not acquired the expected levels of communicative competence and metalinguistic ability for their age. It assesses higher-level language skills that is embedded in upper-grade curricula and critical to classroom success.
The Triple C: Checklist of Communication Competencies
For ages: 12 years +
The Triple C is a communication assessment that is designed for use with adolescents to adults, with little to no speech. It assesses the different stages of communication and identifies the stage of communication the participant is at. It also assesses functional skills and communication skills from the earliest unintentional level of communication to the final level of communication.
The Rosetti Infant-Toddler Language Scale
Ages: Birth - 3 years old
- An examination of 6 preverbal and verbal areas of communication and interaction that reflects a child’s development.
- 6 sections include: Interaction-Attachment, Pragmatics, Gesture, Play, Language Comprehension, Language Expression